Les Dowgier is an attorney in the firm’s Real Estate Finance and Lending practice. He regularly represents lenders and borrowers in connection with sophisticated commercial financings involving office, retail, hotel and industrial assets. Les has experience closing construction loans, term loans, mezzanine loans, corporate credit lines and other balance sheet transactions.
Prior to joining Kriss & Feuerstein LLP, Les worked at a prominent global law firm and boutique real estate firm, where he represented a wide range of clients in over $10 billion dollars of buyer-side, seller-side, and financing transactions, working alongside lenders, developers, opportunity funds, joint ventures, and a variety of institutional and non-institutional investors. His work included developments, office buildings, restaurants, hospitality, shopping centers, multi-family, as well as construction, mezzanine and mortgage financings, partnership and joint venture structuring, and leasing and workouts.
- Represented Credit Suisse, Wells Fargo, Citigroup and RBC in the origination of $1.4B first mortgage loan secured by the Mall of America.
- Represented Barclays and Bank of America in the origination of $720MM first mortgage loan to Starwood for the acquisition of a 139 hotel portfolio.
- Led negotiations for publicly traded real estate investment trust in the purchase, development and leasing of retail properties in multiple states, including negotiating with city and state agencies regarding easements, tax abatements, and development rights.
- Drove multi-phase, long term negotiations for publicly traded real estate investment trust with the disposition of a portion of a shopping center (including review and negotiation of documents related to rezoning, subdivision and various easements).
- Advised publicly traded REIT in lease and ground lease negotiations throughout the United States with various national retail tenants, including the largest off-price retailer in the U.S.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Real Estate Financings
- Real Estate Lending
- New York University School of Law
- Real Estate Synergy Network, President & Founding Member
- Real Estate & Urban Policy Forum, Treasurer
- Rutgers University
- B.S., summa cum laude
- New Jersey Collegiate Business Administration Association’s Honor Society (top 1% of graduating business students in New Jersey)