I. Why We Collect and Maintain Personal Information:
Personal information includes any information that identifies, relates to, describes or is reasonably capable of being associated with a particular individual. The Firm collects and maintains personal information of Website users for various purposes, including as required to provide our services; respond to your questions and requests; contact you in response to your inquiries; communicate about news, updates, webinars, newsletters, podcasts and other events that may be of interest to you; maintain records of utilization of our Website for business purposes and otherwise as required by law; gather demographic information about our user base as a whole; track, assess, analyze, understand, and improve on usage of the Website; and otherwise operate our business or any other purpose that complies with applicable laws, rules and regulations. The foregoing will always be in compliance with our legal and ethical obligations as legal professionals.
II. How We Collect Personal Information:
We collect personal information in three primary ways:
- You Share Information With Us: We collect information from you when you submit it to us through the Website or by other means (for example, by contacting us through our “Contact Us” or “Blog Sign Up” page, to apply for a job, or by email or telephone). Please do not share with us any other person’s personal information (unless the Firm explicitly asks you to do so and you have the legal authority to do so), any categories of your own personal information that have not been explicitly requested by the Firm, or any confidential, proprietary, secret or legally protected information which you are under any legal obligation to not provide to or share with the Firm.
- We Collect Information from Other Sources: We may obtain information about you from outside sources. For example, if you are an employee of a client of the Firm, we may collect information about you from your employer or references.
III. What Personal Information We Collect:
The personal information that we may collect from you typically includes name, address, e-mail address, telephone, fax or mobile number, referral source data, any other information provided to us by you or on your behalf in connection with our services or your communications to us. In addition, we may collect information concerning Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search, and information regarding your interaction with the Website.
IV. How We Collect Personal Information From You:
We may collect personal or other types of information about you as follows:
- Publications and Alerts: You may sign up to receive news, updates, and webinar, podcast, or event alerts from the Firm, or to attend webinars, podcasts, or other events. To sign up or in connection with Firm events, you or your employer may provide your personal information through forms, applications, surveys, or other online. We use this information to communicate with you, to provide you with various communications about news and events that may be of interest to you, and otherwise for business purposes in a manner compatible with the context in which the information is provided to us.
- Contact Us: If you communicate with us through our Contact Us or Blog Sign Up page or otherwise contact us directly, we may ask you to provide personal information in addition to whatever personal information you may otherwise provide to us. We use this information to communicate with you and to respond to any inquiry you make, and otherwise for business purposes in a manner compatible with the context in which you have provided the information to us.
- General Browsing: Even if you do not submit personal information through the Website as described above, we may gather navigational information about where you and other visitors go on the Website and information about the technical efficiencies of our Website and services (e.g., time to connect to the Website, time to download pages, etc.). In this process of gathering information, we may collect personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information (for example, but without limitation, domain type, device and browser type and version, browsing behavior, service provider and IP address, region or location where computer or device is accessing the internet, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and click-stream data). We use this information for analysis of the use of our Website and we may also create and use electronic records to compile statistics about how our visitors collectively interact with our Website.
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/view-a-privacy-report-ibrw35004465/mac and https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/prevent-cross-site-tracking-sfri40732/14.0/mac/11.0 (Safari); and
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
- Blocking some or all cookies may have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including our Website.
- Server Logs: A “server log” is a record of activity created by a computer that delivers certain webpages to your browser. Certain activities that you perform on our Website may record information in server logs. For example, if you enter a search term into a search box located on the Website, the server log may record the search term(s) you use, or the link you clicked on to bring you to our Website. The server log may also record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser. We use this information for analysis of the use of our Website.
V. How We Share Personal Information:
- We Do Not Sell or Share Personal Information to Third Parties for Their Marketing Purposes: We do not sell or share your personal information to/with third parties for their marketing or promotional uses.
- We May Share Personal Information on a Limited Basis: We do not disclose your personal information to unrelated parties outside of the Firm except in very limited circumstances. Such disclosures outside of the Firm may include disclosures to our agents or other contractors who are acting on our behalf and solely at our direction with respect to your personal information, subject to appropriate legal and confidentiality obligations, or where we deem it necessary in connection with the services we provide to you (or which you seek from us), or as permitted, required, or authorized by law or by you. Certain personal information may also be disclosed, subject to appropriate restrictions and limitations, in connection with a sale or potential sale of all or part of our business or assets, or if we go through a reorganization or merger, or for any other purpose that complies with applicable law and regulation, including in connection with conflicts checks.
This Website is not directed to or intended for access or use by individuals under 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age, please do not access or use the Website at any time or in any manner. Any collection of personal information of minors is inadvertent. To the extent the Firm collects personal information related to minors, it only does so with appropriate consent or as permitted by applicable law.
VII. Visitors to the Website from Outside of the United States:
Our goal is to protect personal information submitted through the Website. We maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and electronic safeguards designed to limit unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information. However, we do not guarantee that our safeguards and security will always work.
If you do not consent to the way in which we may use your personal information, please do not submit any personal information to us. Please note that if you opt not to provide us with certain information, the Firm may be unable to provide you with its services, or its services may not be as good or effective.
Kriss & Feuerstein LLP
360 Lexington Avenue, Suite 1200
New York, New York 10017
Attention: Privacy Officer
If you have questions about our privacy practices, you may contact us at (212) 661-2900, by email to email@example.com, or by postal mail at Kriss & Feuerstein LLP, 360 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10017, Attention: Privacy Officer.
Updated as of January, 2022